As the fall days arrive, and the evenings begin to get cooler, I get a craving for comfort foods. One of my favorite dishes is a chicken casserole full of fragrant spices. This dish is delicious with mashed potatoes and a green salad.
Sweet and Spicy Date-Honey Chicken
- 1 cut up chicken
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Silan date syrup
- 1 tablespoon Ras el Hanout. (You may mix your own.)
- 1/4 teaspoon 5 spice powder. (You may mix your own.)
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for three hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the chicken in a casserole dish, and pour the marinade over it.
- Bake for 75 minutes.