Every time I go shopping I am tempted to buy cauliflower. For some reason, I have a lot of sympathy for cauliflower. It is not as popular as peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, or eggplants.
Today I am going to make cauliflower with Panko breadcrumbs, almonds, and raisins. This is a delicious way to prepare this classic winter vegetable
Cauliflower With Breadcrumbs, Almonds and Raisins
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 cup of Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of toasted, sliced almonds
- 1 cup of raisins
- Black pepper
- I recommend steaming the cauliflower first, in order to tenderize it a bit.
- Separate the florets. Place the raisins in a bowl. Cover them with boiling water.
- Heat a lot of butter in a large sauce pan.
- Add the cauliflower, and saute for about five minutes. Do not let it turn brown.
- Drain the water from the raisins.
- Reduce the heat, and add some Panko bread crumbs to the cauliflower. These large, crunchy bread crumbs will give this dish a crispy texture.
- Mix in some toasted almonds, raisins, salt, and black pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.