— by Richard Rosenblatt
As an old, loyal, American Jew who cares about Israel I want to explain why I am committed to Obama for a second term as president. I am a WWII veteran and former USAF pilot. In the early 1930s I traveled to Jerusalem, Haifa and Tel Aviv to visit an uncle, an aunt, and my grandparents. I returned on many occasions.
I have watched U.S. administrations come and go in the years since the British Mandate. Never has any American president done more for Israel than has President Obama. Prime Minister Netanyahu, Defense Minister Barak, The Jerusalem Post, and Ambassador Shapiro have all spoken out publicly confirming Obama’s extraordinary support and unconditional commitment to Israel.
The following are some of the areas in which Obama has exceeded all other U.S. presidents in his actions to support the “special relationship” between the United States and Israel:
- Obama provided Israel with the largest amount of military aid in U.S. history.
- Obama has restored Israel’s Qualitative Military Edge with advanced weaponry.
- Obama’s diplomatic support for Israel in the UN and around the world is unparalleled and unprecedented.
- Obama recently personally and forcefully intervened to rescue Israel’s diplomats in Cairo.
- President Obama said in front of the United Nations,
“Let us be honest with ourselves: Israel is surrounded by neighbors that have waged repeated wars against it. Israel’s citizens have been killed by rockets fired at their houses and suicide bombs on their buses. Israel’s children come of age knowing that throughout the region, other children are taught to hate them… Those are facts. They cannot be denied.”