The Republican Jewish Coalition Presidential Forum was held on December 3, 2015 in Washington DC. Attended by over 700 members of the RJC from all over the country. Of the 14 Republican presidential candidates, 13 attended (Senator Rand Paul backed out due to Senate business). Each candidate had 30 minutes for a prepared speech and questions. A fundamental concern of the RJC is Israel. So it was not surprising that most of the comments related to foreign policy and the relationship between the United States and Israel.
Click on the links below for video of each speaker along with a brief review of their comments.
• Florida Governor Jeb Bush
• Johns Hopkins Neurosurgeon Ben Carson
• New Jersey Governor Chris Christie
• Texas Senator Ted Cruz
• Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina
• Virginia Governor Jim Gilmore
• South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham
• Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee
• Ohio Governor John Kasich
• New York Governor George Pataki
• Florida Senator Marco Rubio
• Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum
• Real estate mogul Donald Trump
According to Steve Sheffey despite their efforts at the Republican Jewish Coalition’s forum, the Republican presidential candidates continue to turn off Jewish voters:
All of the GOP candidates hold views that most Jewish voters strongly disagree with. The day after the mass shooting in California, the Republican presidential candidates were utterly unapologetic about their opposition to new gun control laws.
On Thursday, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) voted against an amendment that would have prevented people on the terrorism watch list from purchasing firearms. So did the other Republican senators running for president. We need to place the sanctity of life above the sanctity of misguided interpretations of the Second Amendment.
Photos courtesy of Richard Chaitt. Video courtesy of CSPAN.