My wife and I held a get-together for our village to celebrate the season and create a delicious salad together. Our main components were black lentils and fresh herbs.
Black Lentil and Nectarine Salad
- 2 cups black lentils
- 1 cup chopped dill
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 2 large nectarines, cubed
- salt to taste
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Place the black lentils in a saucepan.
- Cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain the lentils in a colander under cold running water.
- Place the lentils in a large bowl.
- Combine with all the other ingredients.