Swiss chard is just as rich in vitamins, minerals and iron as spinach. It has a more refined taste and is just as easy to cook.
I buy Swiss chard whenever I see it at the farmer’s market, and prepare this quick and easy dish. My children approve!
Lemony Chicken and Swiss Chard
- 1 lb. cut-up chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 lemon
- black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy pan.
- Brown the chicken.
- Add the leek. When the leek is translucent, add the Swiss chard.
- Pour the chicken soup into the pan.
- Bring the contents of the pan to a boil, and then allow to simmer.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Squeeze the lemon into the mix.
- Serve with rice.