Now that the cold weather is here, I enjoy preparing comfort food. One of my favorite dishes is very easy and economical. I use frozen green beans and freshly ground beef to prepare my favorite winter casserole.
Green Beans With Minced Meat
- 1 package frozen green beans
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground chili pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy pot.
- Brown the ground beef.
- Add the ginger, chili, soy sauce, five-spice powder, and minced parsley.
- Stir in the frozen green beans.
- Cook until heated through.
- Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve with rice.