A wonderful way to extract all the vitamins from broccoli is to eat it raw.
My refreshing summer salad combines cut-up broccoli, roasted peanuts, and an Oriental-style dressing for a delicious, crunchy treat.
Raw Broccoli Salad With Roasted Peanuts
- One head of broccoli
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- Cut the broccoli florets into bite-size pieces.
- Chop up the peanuts.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours to allow the flavors to be absorbed.