— by Ronit Treatman
Brighten up your table this winter with a hearty couscous salad, filled with chopped vegetables, dry apricots, and fresh cranberries. The dressing is an exotic Israeli combination of tahini and silan (date honey).
Recipe follows the jump.
Colorful Couscous Salad
For the salad:
- 2 cups steamed couscous
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Bunch of scallions, sliced
- Bunch of cilantro, minced
- 3 tablespoons of fresh cranberries
- 4 dried apricots, diced
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons raw tahini
- 2 tablespoons Galil Silan Date “Honey”
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place the ingredients for the dressing in a glass jar. Seal tightly and shake well.
Mix the vegetables and couscous in a bowl.
Pour the dressing over the salad.