A perfectly elegant dish for springtime is salmon in pastry. It is easy to prepare and a wonderful crowd pleaser. All you need is good quality salmon and frozen puff pastry.
I buy the best quality salmon I can find. Salmon does not live in the Mediterranean sea, so I have to buy it frozen. I purchase salmon that has been flash-frozen on the fishing boat. I leave it in the refrigerator overnight to defrost, then I prepare my tasty treat.
Salmon in Pastry
- One package frozen puff pastry
- Frozen salmon (approximately 3 Lbs.)
- Sesame seeds
- 1 beaten egg
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Open up the frozen puff pastry. Place on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Place the salmon over the pastry dough.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper, and garlic to taste over the fish.
- Cover the salmon with the pastry. Pinch the edges shut.
- Brush the pastry with the egg.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the pastry.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Serve the salmon in pastry with a crisp green salad, and a chilled white wine.