What chicken recipe should I prepare? My children won’t eat. They need new and different foods every day in order to remain stimulated. I looked around the house and noticed an open bottle of Arak (liquor flavored with anise seed). It inspired me! Here is my idea for a weeknight chicken dinner.
Arak And Fennel Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Two fennel bulbs, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup of pitted Calamata olives
- 1/2 cup of Arak (you may purchase it online)
- 1/2 bottle of white wine
- Black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a dutch oven. Add the chicken and brown it slightly (do not overdo it).
- Add half a cup of Arak and turn over the chicken once or twice.
- Add the fennel and olives and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the white wine. If necessary, add water so that the chicken will be fully covered with liquid.
- Bring the pot to boil.
- Place the lid on the pot and put it into a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for at least two hours.
- Serve with rice and Israeli salad.