There are so many types of breaded chicken! For a new twist on an old standby, here is a recipe for oven baked chicken with falafel flavored breading. Instead of corn flakes, we crumble Bissli, the ubiquitous Israeli snack food, to make the breading.
Bisli Breaded Chicken
- Chicken strips
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 bag of falafel flavored bisli
- Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Place the flour, salt, and pepper in a plastic bag.
- Crush the bisli in its bag, and then mix in a bowl with the Panko breadcrumbs.
- Whisk the egg in a separate bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bag with the flour. Shake well.
- Remove each piece of chicken from the bag. Dip it in the egg and then in the Bisli mixture.
- Place the chicken on a non-stick cookie sheet. Bake in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for about an hour. If the chicken gets too brown, cover it with foil so it can finish cooking through.